Raffle Winners will be updated below:
Raffle drawing occurred at DCMSS Temple, 19711 Waters Rd, Germantown, MD from around 10/25/2020: 12:52 PM until 10/25/2020 2:00 PM. Below are Winners of the Raffle.
FIRST Prize – TESLA 3 winning ticket stub number is: 0309
FIRST PRIZE WINNER IS:
Ms. Shampa Basu, Maryland
SECOND Prize – Shirdi trip for family of 4 winning ticket stub number is: 0663 – Sarita Bomnareddy
THIRD prize – Macbook Pro 16″ winning ticket stub number is: 0346 – Mani Kiran
FOURTH Prize – Samsung Galaxy Note + winning ticket stub number is: 0171 – Srikanth Akula
FIFTH Prize – Apple Watch Series 5 winning ticket stub number is: 0782 – Ratnavali Kolla (Capital Neuro Care)
Sixth Prize – Amazon $250 Gift Card winning ticket stub number is: 0116 – VITTHAL JANGALE
Seventh Prize – Amazon $250 Gift Card winning ticket stub number is: 1263 – MILAN PATEL
Eight Prize – Amazon $250 Gift Card winning ticket stub number is: 1321 – Sahrudaya Nagineni
Ninth Prize – Amazon $250 Gift Card winning ticket stub number is: 1424 – Suresh dodda
Tenth Prize – Amazon $250 Gift Card winning ticket stub number is: 0266 – Kartheeka Pothumarthi
Eleventh Prize – Amazon $250 Gift Card winning ticket stub number is: 0856 – Srinivas Bompalli
Twelveth Prize – Amazon $250 Gift Card winning ticket stub number is: 1220 – VijayaBaskar Srinivasan
Thirteenth Prize – Amazon $250 Gift Card winning ticket stub number is: 0879 – Jayendri Ajeet
Fourteenth Prize – Amazon $250 Gift Card winning ticket stub number is: 0364 – Sai Sree Gadde
Fifteenth Prize – Amazon $250 Gift Card winning ticket stub number is: 0584 – Lakshmi Prasanna Kolluru
….Begin Terms and Conditions….
Shirdi Sai Mandir
DC Metro Sai Samsthan (“DCMSS”)
19711 Waters Road
Germantown, MD 20874
A. CHARITABLE PURPOSE
- DC Metro Saisamsthan, Inc. (DCMSS) is a registered nonprofit organization located in the State of Maryland. It’s Tax ID #: 27-2258807. DCMSS has received a license from Montgomery County, Maryland to conduct a raffle at our temple located at 19711 Waters Road, Germantown, MD, 20874.
- Proceeds from the sale of all raffle tickets shall be used to further DCMSS mission of furthering Sri Saibaba’s Teachings and specifically for the purchasing of the Temple land and do subsequent improvements.
- The object and purpose of this raffle is to involve the public and communities at large in accomplishing DCMSS mission. DCMSS is not directly or indirectly aiming to promote or sponsor gaming or gambling. The sole primary purpose of this raffle is to ONLY raise funds for the Temple land purchase and its development projects.
- Entry purchaser must be an individual 21 years or older at time of entry purchase and a legal United States resident. They should provide necessary documentation to validate their identity.
- Only one (1) individual may be identified as the purchaser (or buyer) of the raffle entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Entries may be purchased via the Internet when allowed by the state law of the purchaser or at the Shirdi Sai Mandir.
- The DCMSS Raffle (“Raffle”) is conducted in English.
- Confirmation number(s) / Raffle ticket stub will be given at the time of purchase or emailed to all purchasers at the email address provided during the purchase. All email communications, including the email ticket purchase confirmation, will be sent to the email address supplied during the purchase.
- It is the purchaser’s responsibility to provide a valid, deliverable mailing address and / or email address to DCMSS.
- DCMSS and its agents, Board members, officers, vendors, volunteers and members assume no liability for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, undelivered entries or entries without proper payment received, which entries shall be deemed invalid and shall be immediately disqualified.
- By entering the Raffle, the entry purchaser acknowledges that he or she is aware of, and agrees to abide by, the Official Raffle rules and regulations.
- Winners must produce the original DCMSS Raffle Ticket Stub to claim their prize along with a valid federal or state government issued picture ID when claiming their prize.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to comply with any federal laws or regulations as well as any specific to the state in which the purchaser resides. In addition, winners must complete an IRS Tax Form for purposes of federal and state reporting requirements.
- In the event of a dispute of the rules of this DCMSS Raffle event, the laws of the State of Maryland will preside.
- The purchase price of a single raffle ticket is $ 100.00
- Only one name is permitted on each raffle ticket.
- Upon purchase of a raffle ticket, each purchaser shall provide his/her full name, address, phone number, e-mail address and date of birth. Winners must produce the original DCMSS Raffle Ticket to claim their prize along with a valid federal or state government issued picture ID when claiming their prize.
- Raffle tickets will be available for purchase till 9PM EST on Oct 21st, 2020 if you are paying through check payment. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase till 9PM EST on Oct 23rd, 2020 if you are paying through card or cash payments.
- The drawing will be held at Shirdi Sai Mandir (19711 Waters Road, Germantown, MD 20874) on Oct 25th, 2020 at 12:30PM. DCMSS has the right to change the drawing venue, date and time. DCMSS will notify the purchaser at least 15 days in advance through its website, email and Facebook page.
- The winner must also comply with all of the Terms and Conditions stated in this Official Raffle Rules.
- RAFFLE TICKET PURCHASES ARE NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
The Prize is as follows (and all are listed in US dollars):
- 1st prize – Tesla Model 3 Base Model, Max value of $39,990
- 2nd prize – Airline Tickets to Shirdi, India for family of up to 4 – Max value $6,000
- 3rd prize – MacBook Pro – Max value $2,800
- 4th prize – Samsung Galaxy Note 10 unlocked – Max value $1000
- 5th prize – Apple watch 5th gen – Max value $750
- 6th to 16th prizes – Amazon gift card $250 – Count 10
- Prizes may not be exactly as shown in the pictures, flyers, poster or any DCMSS marketing material, are based on manufacturer availability and may be substituted with a prize of similar value or with the cash equivalent by DCMSS.
- In the event of a winning entry having more than one name, DCMSS will award the prize to the first name listed on the entry.
- Records of DCMSS shall be deemed correct if there is any discrepancy. DCMSS is not responsible for resolving any disputes that may arise from different individuals listed on a valid Raffle certificate.
- For the 1st Price winner (Tesla), vehicle taxes, tags, insurance, title and shipping are the sole responsibility of the winner. Vehicle delivery timeline solely depends on the manufacturer’s schedule. In that case, DCMSS will not be held responsible for delayed delivery of the vehicle. If the winner of the 1st prize Tesla Model 3 base model chooses to claim the prize, DCMSS will issue a cashier’s check towards “TESLA” for the amount of $39,990.
- Vacation and travel prizes are for economy round trip tickets from Washington DC Metro area Airports (IAD or DCA or BWI) to the destination city. All vacation and travel prizes are subject to space and availability. Winners of travel related prizes must comply with all applicable requirements and restrictions related to said prizes including without limitation applicable travel dates, age restrictions, liability waivers, travel documentation and reservation and confirmation procedures.
- All gratuities, taxes and fees are the responsibility of the winner. All vacation prizes must be used by the prizewinner and may not be transferred, sold or otherwise utilized by another party without the express, prior written approval of the DCMSS.
- Purchaser understands that a ticket represents a chance to win the opportunity to accept an offer of the stated prize on these terms and conditions. If you hold a ticket or a receipt, your ticket has been entered in the raffle, subject to these terms and conditions.
- All Prize Winners must accept prizes AS IS WHERE IS with absolutely no express or implied warranties of any kind are given by DCMSS.
- A maximum of 2000 tickets will be sold. If there is a greater demand, DCMSS may choose to increase the number of tickets up to 3000.
- DCMSS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE RAFFLE DRAWING IF LESS THAN 750 RAFFLE TICKETS ARE SOLD BY July 1, 2020. IN THAT CASE, EACH PURCHASER SHALL BE INFORMED OF THE CANCELLATION OF THE RAFFLE DRAWING AND EACH PURCHASER SHALL BE REFUNDED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE RAFFLE TICKET. PURCHASER BY PURCHASING THE RAFFLE TICKET ACKNOWLEDGES RECEIPT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND WAIVES ANY CAUSE OF ACTION HE/SHE MAY HAVE AGAINST DCMSS AND RELEASES DCMSS FROM ANY CLAIMS HE/SHE MAY HAVE FROM CANCELLATION OF THE RAFFLE DRAWING. Each Purchaser accepts a refund of the purchase price less Administrative Fees of $5 as adequate consideration for this Waiver and Release.
- In the event that all available raffle tickets are sold earlier than expected, DCMSS reserves the right to conduct the raffle at a new Date, Time and Location. Each purchaser will be notified of the change in drawing by email or by telephone.
- Any unsold, lost or missing tickets will be considered null and void prior to the raffle draw and will not be included in the raffle drawing.
- Raffle tickets may be purchased online through DCMSS website at dcmetrosaisamsthan.org/raffle. Once the sale is confirmed, purchased ticket(s) stub(s) will be scanned and emailed a copy of it to the purchaser’s email address. Purchased ticket stub will be put into the raffle ticket drum by the designated office bearer(s). Before the drawing, DCMSS designated audit team will ensure that all online purchased tickets are part of the raffle ticket drum.
- Any online transactions done on DCMSS website other than raffle ticket page at dcmetrosaisamsthan.org/raffle will be considered as a donation. Any donated amount cannot be used towards raffle ticket purchase.
- DCMSS will appoint an independent firm/volunteers to do weekly audit of ticket sales, collected monies and its records. Any purchase discrepancies will be addressed by the audit team with the consultation of our legal counsel. It may result nullifying questionable ticket sale.
F. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
- The drawing will be held at Shirdi Sai Mandir (19711 Waters Road, Germantown, MD 20874) on Oct 25th, 2020 at 12.30 pm EST.
- All winners who are not present at the drawing will be notified in email or by telephone of the prize won and any requisite procedure to claim the prize. All prizes will be sent to the winner’s home address via registered mail.
- 1st and 2nd prize winners must claim the prize in person.
- If a selected winner is unable to be contacted or located after a period of sixty (60) days from the draw date of any Raffle drawing, the prize or its cash equivalent will be deemed to have been donated to DCMSS.
- All winners, by entering, authorize DCMSS to publish their name and likeness on the website and for it to be used in other promotional materials by DCMSS.
G. TAXES AND IRS RULES
- All winners shall be responsible for any and all federal, state and local income or excise taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with the prizes. All cash prizes will be paid net of applicable income tax withholding.
- The value of the prize will be treated as ordinary income to the winner for federal and state income tax purposes and the winner may be required to prepay a portion of the tax liability prior to receiving the prize. In addition, no portion of the ticket price will qualify as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes.
H. WAIVER/LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- Entry purchasers, by participating (and winners, by accepting a prize) release DCMSS, and its respective board members, committee members, volunteers, partners, vendors, agents, representatives, sponsors, service agencies and independent contractors, and each of their respective directors, officers, partners, employees and agents, including advertising, public relations, direct marketing and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to participation in the promotion and possession or use of the prize(s) awarded and also acknowledge that they did not receive any representations, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness.
- By entering this raffle, each purchaser releases DCMSS, its directors, trustees, officers, and agents from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participating in the raffle or winning any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, and each winner agrees to indemnify and hold DCMSS harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind rising in connection with or as a result of participating in the raffle or the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize
- Any liability of DCMSS shall be limited to price paid raffle ticket and in the case of any dispute, DCMSS’s decision shall be final.
- DCMSS reserves the exclusive rights at any time to add, amend and delete any or all terms and conditions to comply with the enacted laws of the State of Maryland and The United States related to raffles and similar draw tickets.
- All raffle terms and conditions will be posted on the DCMSS website. For the Official Raffle Rules, go to www.dcmetrosaisamsthan.org
- Tampering the ticket or any other material in connection with the raffle in the United States Postal Services is a violation of federal law and may lead to criminal penalties.
J. RETURN AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- If for any reason the raffle is not completed and a prize is not awarded on the scheduled drawing date, DCMSS will announce it on the website, and will also take all necessary steps to notify each ticket purchaser of this fact and return all money received from ticket purchasers within 60 days, except for the administration fee identified above.
- DCMSS reserves the right to accept or reject any raffle entry based on the Terms and Conditions and applicable law, modify or extend individual drawing deadlines, and/or add additional prizes or drawings at any time, in their sole discretion.
- All raffle ticket purchases are final and may not be returned for a refund except previously provided above.